Thursday, June 14, 2012

Applesauce Pancakes

These were made in what I would like to call desperation...I think that it is fitting. I had been gone for 6 days and Wade was gone for 2. I cleaned out the refrigerator before I left. He diet would only consist of hot dogs and beer when I am gone anyways. I came home at 11:30 at night and obviously didn't go to the store. Here is the problem...no bread and no eggs. Little did I know when I started making the pancakes, I forgot we didn't have eggs. I looked on -line for egg substitutes and was coming up empty-handed. Finally...DING! DING! I replace applesauce for oil, I will try it. If nothing else, the chickens can get a real treat. Lucky for me, they tasted great. So, here is the recipe. I like my pancakes with peanut butter on them, but I did try them without the peanut butter and they tasted amazing.

Applesauce Pancakes

2 c. Bisquick Mix (I make mine from scratch...will post the recipe later)
1 1/4 c. milk
1/2 c. applesauce

Mix until combined. The batter might be a little clumpy, and that's okay. Cook as you normally would. They seem to take a little longer than regular pancakes. I used homemade applesauce and it was a little chunky, it was great biting into an apple chunk.

Also, you can make different variations of this...add cinnamon, apple pie spice, cheese, you name it.

No comments:

Post a Comment